In its efforts to preserve the environment the company has engaged a consultant to develop and implement an environmental management system. This is in addition to recruiting an Environmental Management Officer. Earlier efforts to preserve the environment include purchasing aircraft with low carbon emissions.
HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY
At Precision Air we are committed to using sound and responsible practices to protect the health and safety of our customers, our workers, and the communities in which we operate. In pursuit of this commitment, we strive to exceed local, national, and international standards for safety and environmental protection. We are proud of our open and inclusive workplace; however, we take great care to ensure that a person who performs mission-critical functions is physically and mentally fit for duty.
This policy applies to all activities carried out or related to Precision Air and its subsidiaries. Aviation safety, occupational health and safety, and environmental protection are addressed in a systematic, proactive and explicit manner to ensure that they are an integral part of our day-to-day operations. Implementing this policy is a key management objective and it is the responsibility of all Precision Air personnel to work towards that objective.
This policy is a key part of our mission to offer the safest and most efficient air travel. To implement this policy Precision Air Services shall:
- Conform our practices to our own high standards as well as applicable local, national, and international laws, regulations, and standards governing aviation safety, occupational health and safety, and environmental protection.
- Annually assess and quantify environmental or occupational health and safety risks associated with our operations. We set concrete goals with respect to those risks, and at least once every six months review our progress toward achieving those goals.
- Require each worker to take responsibility for his or her own health and safety and those of fellow workers, customers, and the communities in which we operate, all while encouraging adherence to sound environmental practices.
- Consider potential environmental impacts among the criteria for evaluating projects, products, processes, and purchases, and encourage the use of non-polluting technologies to the greatest extent possible.
- Manage our operations and ensure that environmental pollution is prevented and/or minimized by addressing aspects related to materials, spillage, discharges, emissions, waste disposal and ensure their continual improvement.
- Conduct periodic and regular training, education, and awareness sessions for Precision Air staff and our business associates in order to foster a culture of health, safety, and environmental responsibility.
- Actively encourage communication and exchange of ideas and information with all interested parties on matters applicable to our programs, and benchmark our performance against industry best practices.
- Prominently post this policy in all of our work places in both English and Kiswahili.
- Obtain and maintain third party certification for our Environmental Management System.